Descripción del producto
- Newly revised Birdlife International and NatureServe distribution maps for all species, with country borders included.
- Colour illustrations for all species, including distinctive subspecies and morphs, from the HBW series with numerous corrections and new figures.
- Plate layout subtly divided by species and genera for a clearer arrangement
- Revised species names in French, German and Spanish, and other common names in English where appropriate.
- Colour-coded subspecies groups marked to highlight distinct forms and their relationships.
- Completely updated at the macrosystematic, genus, species, and subspecies levels
- Each species conveniently cross-referenced to the volume and page of its treatment in the HBW series.
- Detailed descriptions of range for all species and subspecies.
- Changes and other relevant issues fully explained under taxonomic notes of each species.
- Current official IUCN category of each species from the 2014 Birdlife International/IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- Reference numbers included in text associated with complete bibliographical list at the end of the volume.
Summary of Volume 1: Non-passerines
|• 35 orders|
|• 105 families|
|• 988 genera|
|• 4,372 extant species|
|Appendix 1: Extinct Species (illustrated)|
|• 50 species|
|Appendix 2: Extinct Species (without illustration)|
|• 49 species|
|Appendix 3: Reference Maps|